What are the two of them saying to each other. Best dialogue wins a badge. The final one at that..
You know the beginning of love..the thing poets write about..books and books are penned about. The giddy feeling..the endless smiles..the pining for each other..the longing..the looking forward to a lifetime together..the dreaming endless dreams.
I sometimes wonder what happened to all of that? Where did all of it go? When did we get so busy with work and deadlines..cooking and cleaning..child and diapers, that we forgot all about love? When did the need to constantly be with each other become not part of the deal?
Then something like what happened the past few weeks happens. Work totally, completely takes over. Time for even thoughts gets left behind. You barely lift your head up to get the kinks out. Suddenly you find the other person in your life taking over, picking up the slack. The house might be littered with toys (owing to the little hurricane), but the said hurricane is always bathed and dressed up in clean clothes. The dishes might not get done regularly, but every time you need food it is given to you sitting down in a clean plate. You might not sleep on the same schedule, but someone gets up at 4:00 in the morning to not find you next to him..comes looking for you..and give you a blasting for not having had a shut-eye in the past 20 hours and drags you to get some sleep. And while your tired mind is trying to shut all its processing, a hand reaches out in the dark and gives your hand a squeeze.
With all of this a realization comes, the love is there. Just morphed into something different. Grown, matured, calmed down, a steady beat under it all. So much part of who you are that it does not need that constant stating anymore. A silent stream that flows through your life, vitalizing everything without constantly needing to let its presence known.
A movement catches the corner of your eye..you look up..to find him on his hands and knees mopping the floor, because he knows you like the floors clean at the end of the day. And you fall in love all over again. With the same person. Just a little deeper. Just a little bit more.
Hey ya people,
Since Maa is crazy busy, to even give me as much time as I would like her to, I thought I would get some revenge and take over this blog thing. And then Mr. Bald Guy went and tagged me.. ME..not Maa..ME.. Yipe..yay.. I am to talk about 9 things I wear regularly. How easy is that? So are you ready..really ready to know. Okeiiyy Dokeiiyy..here we go.
- Diaper: I mean there is not even a min except for when I am getting a massage and taking a bath that these things are not on me. Not ever. Sigh..how is a kid to have some fun someone tell me? 😦
- Oil: I did talk about massage did I not. Yeah..so I get one every day. Are they fun or what? But Maa is being very stingy with oil. Keeps muttering about making it last or something. 🙄
- Onesie: I can’t even keep a count on the number of full sleeves white onesies Maa has bought from me. I mean no matter how many of them I throw food on or drool all over, Maa always has a freshly washed one for me. And I am forever in one or the other first and foremost, the rest of the clothes follow.
- Shoes: I had these awesome shoes with velcro as closures. I used to have so much fun getting out of those and throwing the shoes all over. And it was even more fun to watch Maa try and find where I threw them. But now Maa got me these lace up shoes and she double knots them on top, so forget getting the shoes off, I can’t even pull the lace and play with them. How very unfair. Can someone talk to Maa about this please. *gives puppy dog look*
- Tears: Maa has taken to calling me a ‘Drama Queen’. She says I can squeeze tears out of my eyes at a minutes’ notice. But someone tell me, what is a baby to do. I try explaining to Maa and Paa what I want. Half the time they don’t understand what I am trying to say. The other half even when they understand, they say NO. Why can’t I put my hand in the toilet pot? Why can’t I climb up the dining table and hit the lights hanging there? Why can’t I climb into the dishwasher? So I show them I have some power too by crying big tears. But even that seems to have no effect on these people. They are mean or what 😐
- Trousers: Maa got me these cutest trousers in beige and brown and they have heart cut out patch (in self says Maa) on the knees. I love these trousers. They are so comfortable and look amazing on me. What?? A girl HAS to watch what she wears does she not? No matter the age. 😛 😛
- T-shirt: Maa also got me this T-shirt which says ‘Hug Me’. Every time I wear this T-shirt, Maa keeps smiling fondly at me and keeps giving me hugs. I have also come to realize that I get a lot of hugs from a lot more people when I have this T-shirt on. So that is my first choice of what I want to wear if I can get my hands on them. 😀 😀
- Socks: Talk of shoes can’t be complete without socks now can they? So let’s talk socks..white socks. I mean there are so many pink socks out there..why am I forever stuck in the white ones? Why can’t I get some color? No Sir.. but Maa is stuck up in her ‘no-pink for my little girl’ mantra 🙄 I am so going to make her pay for it one day. Anyone care to bet on that??
- Smile: My smile takes me the farthest in me getting my way. It can thaw Maa and melt Paa in a heartbeat. So I carry it with me at all times. It is never far away. Always present just waiting for something/one to bestow it upon. 🙂 🙂
That’s it? All done? I can go on..I promise..I can. But well rules and all. And it is being drummed in to me to follow them, so I will stop here. Sigh.. But..but there are people to tag.. so I tag: my doll friend Ms. Rays, Revs Akka, my sweetest friend T, Nu Mausi and Aunty mat kahoo na Swaram.
Will catch you all real soon. Till then b-bye
Mein bechaara dhoop ka maara..mujhe chaahiye Humdard ka tonic Sincara
How much fun are all of you guys.. And how wild can your imagination run.. 😀
I had an absolute blast reading through all the comments. It felt good to log in to the blog after so long and read such awesome comments.
The winner of the caption contest are:
Enjoy your badge ladies 🙂
PS: The Jury is missing..so the selection was all me 😀 😀 But for everything the jury has done till now.. this one is for my baby.. Muah..
Some days you question everything..
Some days you wonder if any of this is worth it.
Some days you weigh price vs. rewards..
Some days things just don’t add up.
Some days the scale tips too far..
Some days the guilt gets too hard to carry.
Some days the heart grows heavy..
Some days words in your head stop to make sense.
Some days you don’t get to hold a little someone..
Some days you tell yourself they won’t remember.
Some days you hear a cry for Maa even in deep sleep..
That day you break down.
I look at the world and I notice it’s turning
While my guitar gently weeps
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps
– George Harrison (my absolute favorite of the Beatles..for his looks of course 😛 )
Not that anyone of you care about what I think, so moving on to why you guys are reading this post. The best caption winners are:
Sonia – Baby Mick Jagger indeed 😀 😀
Ms. SmartAss – Made in China 😀
Chatterbox – Stairway to heaven 😀
Congratulations to all of you and hope you like your badge.. 🙂
PS: The title of the post is taken from a status message that a friend has up for a while and I smile every time I see it 🙂
PPS: Blog hopping and blogging is at a standstill and will remain so for a bit. Will see you all on the other side.