Here goes my list of 10 things that I have done which I am not supposed to as a woman:
- I kept my last name after I got married.
- I was forever the first one to climb trees and climb the highest. Roll in the mud and come out the dirtiest. Take a fall and come back with scraped knees.
- I have stayed alone in an empty hostel which generally bustles with 100+ women and not cared there was no one around.
- I was the resident ‘Chipkali Chaser’ during the hostel days.
- I have travelled alone more times than I can count, taking both domestic and international trips. One of which included taking a 3 month old baby to India and back. The number of raised eyebrows for that one where too many to count.
- I hate shopping with a vengeance and am known to avoid it as much as I can.
- I don’t go the whole makeup/jewelry route. Most of the makeup stuff I got (read was bought for me) during the wedding has not been opened yet (read one lipstick and one eyeliner got opened and are now eating dust as well). Same goes for jewelry. The only jewelry I wear is my wedding band.
- I work late, weekends when I have to. I have been known to come home way past midnight when work takes over.
- I am the official ‘read the instruction manual and figure out how things will fit together’ in the assemble it yourself gadgets and furniture that we buy. And am known for finishing most of these task by myself.
- I love to drive and can never be one of those who will not drive when a guy is around. I like the sense of being in control, at going the speed I want to, at taking the route I want to take. No inputs required. Thank You very much.
I would like to tag Misty, Piyu, DI, Rani, Sonia, Geeta, AHK, Chatterbox, Doli, Dido, Dew and Maverickshree (that is 12 of them right.. Phew). So go on ladies take up the tag.