Buzz’s daycare is like a world for mini-people, with small table, chairs, couch, stairs, plates, bowls and so many other things. But then it is meant for mini-people. So anyways, Buzz started going to the Daycare and it suddenly it dawned on her that, one is not just suppose to plop anywhere one wants to. There are certain places where one is suppose to sit. And those place are just a little bit higher than the ground (remember those chairs and couch). And she also figured out that there is a way one sits in these higher places.
So now a scene from the Comfy house goes thus:
- Buzz is busy playing and comes running. She sees something a little higher than the ground and precedes to sit on it. Only that the higher from the ground happens to be a blanket which happens to be a little raised. And the minute she sit down she is actually on the ground. Not that she cares. She is all smiles.
- Buzz sees me sitting on the floor cross-legged and wants to sit on my lap. So she comes running, then just before she gets to me she stops, does this quick 180 degree turn, shakes her small tush as she lowers down to sit. Once all secure in my lap she turns her head around, looks at me and smiles. Then turns back again, wiggles till her back rests against me. Let the lounging begin.
- Sometimes however the 180 degree turn goes a little further (we don’t have the precision down pat just yet) and she lands a little ways off my lap. Which has her looking all perplexed.
- And then at other times the 180 goes as intended but the force with which she is coming down to sit, she bounces right off my lap and falls flat on her face. And this is the best sport for her and has her giggling endlessly.
- But the simple fact is that a whole new world has opened up for her. She now tries to sit on various things, experimenting with what works and what does not. She is exploring, trying things out, and storing things for future reference. She has figured out that sitting on the toy car has to be slow else the wheels move and she falls down. She has figured out that she can hold on to the handle of the toy cycle, swing one of her legs around to sit with one leg on each side.
Little things, little learnings, lots of smiles, lots of memories.